We are very lucky indeed to be able to use the AirSpace Place planning center and conference room for monthly membership meetings. Held over the winter months, we try to provide programs of interest to chapter members.
The meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM, but the schedule will vary to suit members and presenters. Please check the Events page on this website to see what meetings are coming up. We open the airport gate to allow people to drive down to the AIrspace Place hangar complex, and provide plenty of parking.
Three of the presentations we have held were conducted in partnership with the FAA FAAST team and participants were able to receive FAAST credit for attending.
About 30 people typically attend the meetings, which seems like an ideal number for the facility.
This summer, we may hold a couple of flying evenings as well, perhaps sharing rides and doing some hand-on exploration of various aircraft.
These are some of the topics we have presented so far include:
- Engines and other technology from the First World War
- Certification of Amateur Built Experimental aircraft *
- Touring Alaska by light aircraft
- Owner Maintenance *
- Restoring and Flying the Curtiss JN-4 "Jenny"
- Transitioning from the "big iron" to the Boeing Stearman
- Pilot controller communications *
* FAAST credits
Please join us for the next membership meeting.